- Supplement Facts
- Dietary Restrictions
- Research Listings
- Test Results
UpSorb - 60 Capsules Description
It's not what you eat or take, it's what you upsorb!
UpSorb is a twice-a-day bioavailability and absorption enhancer, designed to help you get the most you can out of your supplement and nutrition regimens. UpSorb features a synergistic combo of Astragin and Bioperine at research-backed dosages to increase nutrient transporters and decrease gut inflammation, which helps increase nutrient uptake and absorption. These main benefits, in turn, allow UpSorb to help unleash the full potential of the rest of your supplements by facilitating greater nutrient utilization of key amino acids, healthy fats, vitamins, botanicals and minerals.
Stack UpSorb today to unleash the raw power of all your supps!
UpSorb is the perfect add-on item to any supplement purchase or stack, and will help get the utmost effect from all the products you invest your hard earned money in.
The Science Behind UpSorb
- Comprised of a highly purified and fractionated complex of Panax notoginseng and Astragalus membranaceus produced via pharmaceutical extraction and processing.*
- Shown in 16 in-vitro and eight in-vivo studies to increase bioavailability and absorption of several key nutrients, including fish oil (100% increase), L-Citrulline (45% increase), and Curcumin (92% increase).*
- Astragin improves nutrient absorption by up-regulating mRNA and transporters, such as SGLT1, CAT1, and GLUT4. These transporters regulate the amount of amino acids, vitamins, and other nutrients that enter into the intestinal cells. This is important as any nutrients that do not enter these cells will be excreted.*
- AstraGin has been documented in studies to improve the uptake of numerous amino acids, including arginine (67% increase), creatine (33% increase), and leucine (58% increase). This is especially noteworthy as muscle protein synthesis is directly impacted by the availability of leucine (the anabolic "trigger" for muscle growth).*
- AstraGin may also support better muscle recovery and growth following training as studies on ginsenosides (one of the active components in AstraGin) note that it activates the mTOR signal pathway by regulating upstream kinases in muscle cells.
- Astragalosides, another active component in AstraGin®, affects mTOR via its regulation on insulin levels.*
- In vivo studies also indicate that AstraGin has a beneficial impact on gut health due to its ability to reduce inflammation in the intestinal wall by 73%.*
- Animal studies note that AstraGin may help repair ulcerated and damaged intestinal walls in colitis-induced subjects.*
- Lastly, AstraGin may help suppress appetite as up-regulates tryptophan absorption by 53%. Tryptophan is an amino acid used to produce serotonin, a neurotransmitter that acts as an appetite-reducing (anorexigenic) signal in the brain.*
- May also support healthy gut flora population
- Black pepper is one of the most widely used spices in the world.*
- BioPerine is a standardized extract from the fruit of Piper nigrum L (black pepper) containing 95% piperine.*
- BioPerine enhances nutrient bioavailability by inhibiting enzymes that metabolize nutrients (such as CYP3A4) as well as proteins that contribute to first-pass elimination of drugs (such as P-glycoprotein).*
- Piperine (the active component of BioPerine) has also been noted to stimulate amino acid transporters, facilitating greater uptake of amino acids into the bloodstream.*
- Lastly, piperine inhibits the cell pump responsible for drug elimination from cells.*
- Piperine has documented to enhance the bioavailability of several of the most frequently used daily health supplements including curcumine (2000% increase), resveratrol (229% increase), and CoQ10 (30% increase).*
NutraBio Labs has a "No Compromise" commitment to producing the purest, cleanest, and most effective supplements on the market. All of our products are manufactured in-house in our FDA-inspected, GMP certified facility in New Jersey. NutraBio only uses the most superior ingredients and all ingredients are tested by us and a third party lab to ensure 99.98% purity or greater. Our products all include fully transparent labels featuring clinical doses of the highest quality ingredients available. To ensure our customers of our commitment to product quality, we launched a new website Checkmysupps.com which allows our consumers access to independent 3rd-party lab test results of all our products.
UpSorb - 60 Capsules Supplement Facts Panel, Label Image, and Suggested Use
Ingredients may change from time to time as we update our products. Please check the label on the bottle.
Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, take one capsule 2 times daily with meals and/or supplements, or as directed by your physician.
WARNING: NOT FOR USE BY PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 18. KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. If you are pregnant, breast feeding, have known medical conditions or are taking prescription or OTC medication(s) consult with your health care practitioner before using this product. Discontinue use two weeks prior to surgery.
UpSorb - 60 Capsules Dietary Restriction Information
|UpSorb - 60 Capsules is...|
|OU Kosher||Certified Kosher by the Orthodox Union.|
|Vegetarian||Does not contain animal or dairy products.|
|Gluten Free||Does not contain gluten. Suitable for individuals on a gluten free diet.|
|Non-GMO||Does not contain genetically modified organisms (GMOs).|
|Filler Free||Absolutely no fillers.|
|Excipient Free||Absolutely no excipients or chemical additives.|
|BSE/TSE Free||Free of Bovine Spongiform Ecephalopathy (BSE) and Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathy (TSE).|
|GMP||Manufactured in the United States in NutraBio's FDA registered and inspected facility to meet FDA 21 CFR Part 111 c-GMP regulations.|
|Full Label Disclosure||Full label disclosure guaranteed!. Every ingredient in this product is declared on the label. In addition, the exact quantity of each active ingredient is declared on the label. No ingredients are hidden in proprietary blends, so you know exactly what's in the product.|
We guarantee our supplements to be the freshest and purest: Our powders and capsules contain only pure active ingredient with absolutely no additives. Other manufacturers, in an effort to keep costs down, dilute their products with cheap fillers and add chemical excipients to their products to speed up their manufacturing output. These practices cheat you out of the active ingredient. At NutraBio, we've perfected our manufacturing technology so that excipients aren't needed, that means no microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, silica or other fillers, just 100% pure active ingredient. NutraBio supplements are manufactured under the strictest standards producing the highest quality and purest supplements available anywhere. Our raw ingredients undergo state of the art HPLC analysis to insure zero tolerance for impurities and we manufacture our products every 2 weeks.
Customer Reviews of This Item
- Holst, B., & Williamson, G. (2008). Nutrients and phytochemicals: from bioavailability to bioefficacy beyond antioxidants. Current Opinion in Biotechnology, 19(2), 73–82. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.copbio.2008.03.003
- Lu L., et al. Astragalus polysaccharides decrease muscle wasting through Akt/mTOR, ubiquitin-proteasome and autophagy signaling in 5/6 nephrectomised rats. J Ethnopharmacol. 2016;186:125-135
- Sandro M., et al. Saturated Fatty Acid-Induced Insulin Resistance Is Associated With Mitochondrial Dysfunction in Skeletal Muscle Cells. J. Cell. Physiol. 2010; 222:187–194.
- Cervenka I., et al. Kynurenines: Tryptophan's metabolites in exercise, inflammation, and mental health Science. 2017;357(6349). pii: eaaf9794 31.Namkung J., Peripheral Serotonin: a New Player in Systemic Energy Homeostasis.Mol Cells. 2015;38(12):1023-8.
- LIU YY., et al. The Effects of Ginsenoside on the Intestinal Microbiota of Mice. Prog. Modern Biomed. 2015;15(6):1041-5.
- Bhardwaj, R. K., Glaeser, H., Becquemont, L., Klotz, U., Gupta, S. K., & Fromm, M. F. (2002). Piperine, a major constituent of black pepper, inhibits human P-glycoprotein and CYP3A4. The Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, 302(2), 645–650. https://doi.org/10.1124/jpet.102.034728
- Shoba, G., Joy, D., Joseph, T., Majeed, M., Rajendran, R., & Srinivas, P. S. (1998). Influence of piperine on the pharmacokinetics of curcumin in animals and human volunteers. Planta Medica, 64(4), 353–356. https://doi.org/10.1055/s-2006-957450
- Gorgani, L. , Mohammadi, M. , Najafpour, G. D. and Nikzad, M. (2017), Piperine—The Bioactive Compound of Black Pepper: From Isolation to Medicinal Formulations. COMPREHENSIVE REVIEWS IN FOOD SCIENCE AND FOOD SAFETY, 16: 124-140. doi:10.1111/1541-4337.12246
- Kesarwani K, Gupta R, Mukerjee A. Bioavailability enhancers of herbal origin: an overview. Asian Pac J Trop Biomed. 2013;3(4):253–266. doi:10.1016/S2221-1691(13)60060-X
- Wightman, E. L., Reay, J. L., Haskell, C. F., Williamson, G., Dew, T. P., & Kennedy, D. O. (2014). Effects of resveratrol alone or in combination with piperine on cerebral blood flow parameters and cognitive performance in human subjects: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, cross-over investigation. The British Journal of Nutrition, 112(2), 203–213. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0007114514000737
- Badmaev, V., Majeed, M., & Prakash, L. (2000). Piperine derived from black pepper increases the plasma levels of coenzyme Q10 following oral supplementation. The Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry, 11(2), 109–113.
Third Party Test Results for Label Claim
We've begun listing our third party results for you to view. Click the link below to search for test results matching your lot number!
We apologize if the lot number you're looking for is not yet listed. We will do our best to quickly get new test results published promptly.